Independent School Educators network

Hi!

My apologies to anyone who has already seen this on one of the listserves to which I posted, but my 7th grade Humanities class is looking for classrooms who would like to participate in a telecollaborative project on the theme question "Are girls smarter than boys?" (and yes, we are an all-girls school) We are proposing doing this unit from Nov.30-Dec.20, but are flexible on dates. Final projects could include webpages, research papers, PowerPoints, and debate speeches. We can communicate with partner class(es) through email, IM,and Skype. We do have a webcam. If you're interested, please let me know. Thanks!
Take care,
Bill

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

Bill,
I'm just curious. Did you get any takers on your telecollaboration project? If so, how's it going? If it did not get off the ground, I'd be willing to try to drum up support in my school if you'd be willing to give it a try in January.

Regards,
- Bob
Hi!

We've got about three other schools actively participating, one of which isn't starting the project until January. We can happily accommodate people joining in whenever works... my kids can certainly still be an audience for yours, or you could work interactively with the other school that is starting late. Whatever works for you, we're willing to try.

Take care,
Bill

RSS

Latest Activity

Kim Fonville commented on Mike Gwaltney's group PBL Leadership
"My elementary school is considering PBL for next year. Our principal wants us to gather ideas and…"
Mar 15
Kim Fonville joined Mike Gwaltney's group
Mar 15
Joel Josephson posted a discussion
Mar 13
Profile IconIndependent School Educators network now has events
Mar 11
Profile IconIndependent School Educators network now has blogs
Mar 11
Cynthia Solomon is now a member of Independent School Educators network
Mar 8
Joel Josephson posted a discussion