I got the message asking about small independent schools and schedules. I thought I'd start a discussion here.
We are definitely small - 28 students (16 8th graders, 12 7th graders). We are an all-girls school for boarding and day students.
I'll attach our daily schedule and a key to who takes what when. Beyond what is listed, we have usually been able to
There are a few special circumstances:
1. Two 7th graders take Geometry in the Upper School.
2. Two 8th graders take Algebra II in the Upper School.
3. Three students are in the Chamber group.
4. Two students are in the Big Band.
5. Most years, we are able to squeeze in Dance by sacrificing a period a week of 7th grade "Exploring Language" during the spring term.
Any questions, just ask!
P.S. I could see this discussion touching on other "small middle school" topics besides schedule. Maybe?!