Science SmartBoard Session Notes
- Magic Pen
- Circle something, then the image will zoom in and the rest of the screen will made so that the focus is on what is circled.
- You can print, and lines will show-up on on the side of the page so students who want to write can write notes there.
- Lesson Activity Toolkit
is included with the SmartBoard software. It contains great activities that can be modified to meet your needs. Can be used for any grade-level because of the level of customization that can be done. It is totally free of cost with the SmartBook software.
- In order to learn you REALLY have to spend a few hours with it. There are so many features that can enhance learning. The SmartBoard company has really great lessons for teachers to learn online. You don't even have to be attached to a SmartBoard to learn.
- Documents, web-addresses and other documents can be attached to objects within the SmartBoard software.
- The Recorder
tool can be very useful for capturing video on your screen while the Camera Tool
is good for taking a picture of a specific
part of the screen.
- It is beneficial to have students come up to the board to do little lesson activities that the teachers created in the SmartBoard software.
Michael Clarke -
Before a packet or a new unit, the class goes over the vocabulary for that unit. The SmartBoard could be very beneficial for going over the vocabulary. The SmartBoard could be used as a web, and each word coming off of the web could be used to be linked to a different page. You can even design the SmartBoard file to act like one big flashcard -- there is an activity called "tiles".
Ellen Cartwright -
Almost like a "speed dating" activity. There were pairs, and two words on the board. The students would discuss the similarities and differences of the two words.
Blake Glaeser -
For rat dissection, the parts of the rat could be circled on the board so the students know what they are looking at. It could be used as an alternative for students who do not want to actually dissect the rat.
Erica Kucharski -
Searching for something to compare or closely examine invertebrates. There is an activity in the Activity Toolkit called Category sort (image)
- Mrs. Cartwright
wants to remember Jing for recording her screen. The website is here
- SmartBoard online video training - education.smarttech.com